Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Enjoy a Lavish glass of wine.

Working part time as an event planner for Crane Creek Vineyards, I am constantly surrounded by wines. I have always been interested in wine and being around it in the work place has given me a whole new appreciation. My eyes have been opened to all kinds of new wine and I have especially taken to Rose.

A Rose is made from a red grape, however the skins are removed from fermenting fully, as soon as the desired pink-ish color has been achieved. A rose has the partial dryness of a red because of the partial fermentation of the skin, however still has nice fruit hints.

Being a red wine drinker, wine is sometimes ignored during the summer because of how heavy red wines are. A Rose is the perfect compromise, and the most Lavish wine to enjoy in the summer, and through out the year.

The Chapoutier, Belleruche, Cotes du Rhone, Rose, is one of my absolute favorites. This Rose is a nice pink, with hints of raspberries and cherries, and has a nice fresh mint finish. It pairs well with light summer foods, seafood dishes, chicken and anything, creamy or spicy.

It is a perfect wine to sit and drink with some cheesecake while watching the Perseid Meteor Shower tonight. The showers are supposed to be absolutely stunning and just think about how many wishes you can make with a shower full of falling stars. What a Lavish night.

1 comment:

  1. I sampled some oeil de perdrix when I was in Switzerland. The drinks are simply divine.

    Nicolette
    http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

    ReplyDelete