Saturday, September 5, 2009

Modern Floral.

I got very inspired at the vineyard the other day. We have a five leaf akebia vine growing up the back stairs and second story balcony. The vine blooms and then produces these huge, alienesque blue/grey seed pods. I really wanted to create a floral arrangement with these pods, they scream modern, haute couture floral design.

I took the seed pods and long curving pieces of the vine, and combined them with lambs ear and a pink succulent blooms I found on the property. I put the modern arrangement in a very traditional urn. The combination is so strange and unique, it really works to create a beautiful
look.

1 comment:

  1. This piece would actually be great as a hanging piece. Do you have a step on step on how you put it together?

    Nicolette
    http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

    ReplyDelete